Monday, January 16, 2012

Following Your Instincts

What we often do, is not only suppress, but divert our ethical instincts because we believe that religious solidarity requires us to do so. We do it by giving preference to a sanctioned subculture. We do it by ignoring the rule or the standard that dictates a difference in the treatment between foreign born and American born. At the end of the day, however, you tell yourself the truth about brotherhood. There are two groups of people called Muslim in America,  They are all real people, in two real worlds, with a real but separate human dilemma. Then I tell myself that this dilemma is enough to bury someone. 

All of a sudden, faith kicks in. Then the belief in amazing grace convinces me that all is not over, a sense of disaster subsides and I feel I have a divine assurance that all of this is going to get better, and with increased awareness and merciful enlightenment, for one more day God has given me the ability to overcome. There isn't anything like that feeling. Its like being born again. Amazing !

No comments:

Post a Comment